Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The blahs move on...

I think everyone should post one blah blog. I am so grateful for so many wonderful people in my life, and such great support. I love you guys!

So, I am fine, but I am really glad I let it all hang out for a moment. I now have really great pick me up notes to read next time the "funk" happens.

I am in CA at my mom's house. We decided at the very last minute to take a road trip. We drove up to Portland to see my brother Justin and his wife Alisa and their adorable new puppy Zoe. Then we went to Eugene to visit my dear friend Elise and her fun family. Then we drove down to Paradise to visit with my mom and dad and other brother and wife and kids. I have loved this road trip. Maybe I'll post pictures after we get back. School starts next week and then we are in a set routine for awhile. Ben starts kindergarten and Emily will be in 2nd grade. I can't believe how time flies.

Anyway, if you post a blah blog, I'll post a comment. They really meant a lot to me. Love you guys. Jen

3 comments:

The Easton Family said...

love ya too! i'm so jealous of the paradise trip... i haven't been back in about 10 years. i've got the same school starting too--kimball in 2nd grade and alex in kindergarten! :)

MamaJuneBugJones said...

Okay, So two posts from me might show up... I wrote one and while publishing it something happened... Maybe you will get them both.... Wow, I love your Blah post! I can not even tell you how many times I cry myself to sleep, wake up worrying and mad at myself over how I handled a situation with one of my children.. But I do believe this is normal. I wish I could say I was always perfectly happy and satisfied because I am truly blessed. But it doesn't always work out that way... I was just telling Matt today , "I need a change!" I think sometimes he must think I am a nut case. But we do have a loving Father in Heaven who is on our side and wants us to turn to him. When I do this, And only when I do this do I start to feel relief from those "Yucky days of Blah". It is nice to see that people who you have always thought were perfect..(Yes, You! :) ) feel the same that you do... It makes you love them more! We sure miss you guys! How about road tripping down our way?

Alisa said...

Glad you're out of the funk and yes, sometimes we just need to let it all out.

Glad your road trip was fun! Way to be spontaneous. I can't...I'm a planner by nature.