Thursday, September 4, 2008

Delicious summer salad

This is a great way to use all those extra summer veggies from the garden... I should try throwing in zucchini! My friend here gave me this recipe and with some tweeking I got it just right for my taste. I ate lots of it the last two days for lunch. YUM!

Tomato Cucumber Salad
1/3 c. olive oil
2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1 tsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
1/4 tsp. pepper
6 medium tomatoes, chopped
2 cucumbers, quartered and sliced in 1/4 in. slices
1 small green pepper, chopped
1/4 c. thinly sliced onions
1 can olives
2 tbsp. minced fresh parsley
1 tbsp. minced fresh basil
4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese cubed

In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first seven ingredients, shake well.In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, cucumber, green pepper, onions, olives, parsley, and basil. Drizzle with dressing. Toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes. Just before serving, stir in cheese.

1 comment:

Vigoren Family said...

Perfect recipe for my needs right now. Tomatoes are coming out of our ears!